Thursday 31 July 2008

Am I completely mad, insane, over-confident, stupid or bored....

Well, I read an interesting article the other day, which got me thinking....

I wonder if Seph can solo-heal Karazhan? OK, so I'll take some folks who CAN heal at a push, but it sounds like fun. A Paladin friend fancies being pretty much the only tank as well, so I think it's going to be a 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 MAJOR pew pew kind of a do.

As a guild we did a speed Kara run with 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 full epic dps and we cleared it all in 2 hours 50 minutes (including bio and afk kids breaks). It was a great run - Curator died before the end of his first evocation, Aran died before he sheeped us, Prince summoned 2 infernals, that sort of thing. This gives me confidence. If we get the right people on the bus I think we can do quite a bit of it. Sure, there will be fights where we need to be creative, but my guild is GOOD at creative.

So - I've scheduled a raid and asked for help from the guild. I've got 4 days to alternate between confidence, arrogance and sheer panic. I've read lots and will read more and get excited, feel sick, buy chocolate... but it will be fun whatever!

All thoughts, ideas, ridicule welcome...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confident you guys can pull it off. CS has always had some very good players, and when you get those together, you guys and gal(s) will kick ass.

Anonymous said...

This will be a time I badly need to bring like 40000 vanish powders for aggro wipe during boss fights :P (<3 that my rogue is considered for these things over mage), might even respec PvE!