Movie quote time again... virtual chocolate for the winner!
So, yesterdays post got me all worked up again. I'd reached a point where I was happy with my gear. I knew I wasn't really going to get much more until probably WotLK - unless we get to down lurker and I get THE priestly trinket [Earring of Soulful Meditation]. (Note to self - no other priests allowed in raid if we're gonna get Lurker). Then I win the stupid new mace from Magtheridon. My son, sitting in the background watching the kill, is telling me over my shoulder - it's THE best mace in the game until, oh I don't know where. Honestly some times he's like the little devil that sits on one shoulder while I am my own little angel on the other.
So now I'm supposed to go back to school and work out what of my gear to use. Trouble is - it's the summer holidays and I'm all out of brains. I've read (well, skimmed) World of Matticus and, well, basically, my head hurts. I want someone to tell me what to do. Tell me what is "best". And preferably don't all disagree with each other.
So - here goes with some numbers...
The latest gear I decided to use has [Shadowvine Cloak of Infusion] and I have my [Rod of the Blazing Light], which has the Spirit enchant on it and I use [Vial of the Sunwell]. With these on I have (completely unbuffed) 1886 healing, 275 MP5 casting (785 not casting), 10.9K mana and 6511 health. I use the fancy alchemist stone too.
If I put on my purely healing gear, which I used to wear and not worry about mana regen - damn all this reading I started to do - made me change everything - I was happy working pretty much completely on gathering +heal stuff and annoying a fellow Paladin by having more than him (hugs Logic).
OK - so now I'm wearing [Stainless Cloak of the Pure Hearted], along with [Light's Justice] (with healing enchant) and [Voodoo Shaker]. I have my [Essence of the Martyr] on too. Now I got 2156 healing, 239 MP5 casting (705 not casting), 10.9K mana and 6711 health.
My new staff is [Crystalheart Pulse-Staff]. I was only just playing with my "regen spirity" outfit and haven't really tried it a lot in raids, but what I've seen of it, I really like. My potion use has gone right down. In my numerous fights with Ahune it seemes that if I stood still for a bit my mana came back really well and when I used my fiend or got an innervate I was in mana heaven! My gut feeling is that about 1800-2100 plus healing is ok - somewhere in that range. I think I need to learn to down-rank my heals a bit, but I've not got that many fingers to be able to use shift and click, "G" for a shield, keys for moving (yes, I STILL can't use my mouse to move properly), etc.
My current leaning is towards putting the healing enchant on it (more Bog Lords must die), although in part this is because the guy I know who did my spirit enchant has stopped playing for now and I don't trust general trade people.
Life was easy before - I found tools to help me, but there doesn't seem to be much out there that compares Mace + Offhand with a Staff and nobody has said - "this is the best way to go". I want to be the best healer I can be and the most useful to the raid. I know pretty much any choice will do really - I mean we're not talking first kill in SWP or anything here. But I'm conditioned to want to be good - maybe it stems back to my childhood, when I can remember getting 90% for my Maths exam and my Dad asking me "what happened to the other 10%?"
Oh, by the way - have you seen Priest Healing? It tells you the mana efficiency and stuff for all your heals if you put in your talents, stats, etc.
Gosh - that was a lot of heavy stuff, but it's been weighing on my mind. Maybe I'll hold off on my questioning about the use of my [Bangle of Endless Blessings] and [Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon] for another time.....
Knurd, Softi and Amaryllis ... and anyone else who reads this stuff that flows from my keyboard .... over to you.